Sunday 24 April 2011

Welcome

Welcome to My Seasonal Table, a Melbourne based food blog(yes another one). How could there not be? After all Melbourne is regarded as the culinary capital of Australia, a country that is known not only for its natural beauty but also for its vast range of different climatic zones, from the hot humid north to the cool crisp south. So because of this Australia produces fantastic ingredients at different times of the year, and we are fortunate to be able to eat well, and decadently. 
My Seasonal Table will be based mainly on the glorious food that we have in my home town of Melbourne,
focusing on seasonal produce and how you can use it, my favorite delis, bakeries, cafes and restaurants. I will be posting some of favorite recipes that I use myself and tell you about some great local eateries.
Remember that eating fruits and vegetables that are in season will be good for not only for local business, the environment and your budget, but most importantly your health. So warm the oven, get the mixing bowls out and the green thumbs ready-it's time to cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment