Monday 6 June 2011

Good Food & Wine Show part 2



As soon as I got off at southern cross station i knew that I was out of my depths. There ahead of me going down on the escalator were 2 ladies wheeling shopping trolleys behind them. They weren't just any trolleys either, proudly they displayed the logo for the Good Food & Wine Show. I had felt quite cocky up till that point, with my large tote bag and comfy walking shoes but obviously I had nothing on these women. Then as I hit Spencer st I was presented with a sea of even more middle aged women and their wheelie accessories, all of them well dressed and all of them heading in the same direction. At this point I realised that I had to get my jog on.
I made it to the convention centre entrance about 25 minutes early, and even though I had managed to out run most of other food pilgrims I still found myself at the back of a line that already had 400+ people waiting to get in. These things really have become popular!
 

Dani and I were booked in to do the 'bubbles darling' class at the Riedel Decanter Bar for 1115, so I had about an hour to run around and get something in my belly before my mid morning buzz.
Bubbles Darling was a celebration of sparkling wine from across the globe, and it really was a fun event. The class was conducted by the people who bring us The Wine Guide (www.thewineguide.com.au), Ex sommeliers who now run a wine consultancy service to the hospitality industry and hold educational events such as this one. I'm sure they do a lot more and I'm not doing them justice because they were informative, generous with their serves, really funny and well worth money. So if you get the chance to join in this event next year then please do so.

photo by  www.dannirodriguez.com

As for the rest of the show, well I can't really tell you much. I sadly had a baby at home that wasn't feeling great so it was an in and out event for me, however I was able to enjoy alot of little tasty treat from a huge range of exhibitors. Beautiful spices from Screaming Seeds Spice Co.,yummy chocolates from the ever popular Pink Lady Chocolates, fantastic little burgers from The Ingham Turkey Burger Bar and a nice little pick me coffee from the Tonino Lamborghini Caffe. If I'd had the time I would have stayed all day and sampled from each stall, but I am happy that I was able to try something totally new to me. The Wasabi Salad is a fantastic concept from Tripod Farmers (www.tripodfarmers.com.au) who are just down the road in Bacchus Marsh, Victoria. Wasabi Salad is brilliant as it gives you the exciting burst of wasabi flavour in soft leafy greens. I loved it!
So all in all it was a fun event. I got to try lots of lovely things and even though I was only there for a short amount time it was still very decadent. Most importantly I learnt a few things for next year 1. start Lolo on multi vitamins and keep here away from creche a month before the event so she doesn't get a cold. 2. Get myself a funky wheelie trolley so I can look the part, and 3. Be there by 8am-the day before(time permitting).


photo by  www.dannirodriguez.com

No comments:

Post a Comment