Wednesday 13 July 2011

Delayed Pho

At the start of July I declared it 'Pho Month'. I had dreamt of being able to go and eat pho at least 2 times a week and being able to document my findings. My little one was finally on the mend and it seemed plausible that I would be able to follow through with my goal. Sadly she has once again taken unwell. 
A while ago I posted about Lolo being unable to eat dairy products as it makes her physically sick and causes her to have nasty psoriasis on her hands, knees, and around her neck. Unfortunately the Dr's believe that she may also be having adverse reactions to something found in cartoned soy milk. With her digestive system being in distress, it causes her immune system to drop and that in turn allows her to pick up every bug around. It has taken a month to get over one cold, and after 1 day at child care she has developed an upper respiratory infection, swollen tonsils and gastro. The last few weeks has consisted of 3 trips to the Dr's and 2 to the hospital. Still my little trooper smiles through her tummy cramps and sings through what has to be some awful pains. The good news though is that The Royal Children's is trying to get her case fast tracked at the Allergies clinic so we can pin point her triggers. It really doesn't matter what it is, as long as we know. The sooner we know, the quicker we can make her life easier and more importantly pain free,
I still intend to go off and enjoy my copious amounts of pho, after all, mum needs a break too, but what would normally have been squished into a month will need to be spread out for the rest of the year. I apologize to those of you who told me they were really looking forward to the reviews and wondering why I hadn't put up more recipes, have some patience, I promise you they will still come. Just a little more spread out that we had hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment