Saturday 9 July 2011

Pho @ Song Huong

Song Huong Restaurant
71 Alfrieda st,
St Albans, 3021

Pho $8

I have frequented Song Huong a number of times. It's not far from home, there is always a seat and the pho is fantastic! I think it's the broth that does it for me. Meaty and fragrant also just the right amount of noodles and delicately sliced beef.
On this particular visit the only real downside was that the basil looked at bit wilted. Apart from that, they were generous with their serves and prompt with delivery. Apparently I also looked like I couldn't handle my heat because no chilli was brought out to me, obviously I asked for it politely but deep down I felt like screaming 'I'm Chilean there is nothing spicy there that I cannot handle-do your worst'!


The coffee here is also brilliant, just remember that you should order it early as you need to slowly let it drip into the sweet condensed milk. 
Song Huong, it's a bit of a hike, but they do make a damn good pho. 

7.5/10


  

No comments:

Post a Comment